Wacky space races: Two remote-control cars developed with the help of high-school kids will compete in the first-ever contest on the MOON in 2021.
- Teams of high school students competed to design and drive the lunar racers
- The vehicles will launch for the Moon in October 2021 on a SpaceX Falcon 9
- They will be taken down to the lunar surface on a Intuitive Machines lander
- The path the vehicles will follow is being designed by an F1 race track designer
- Final design of the vehicles will be by McLaren P1 designer Frank Stephenson
By Ryan Morrison for Mailonline
30 November 2020